Monday, February 22, 2010

Well this blog isn't as planned..


I have heard my sister, Lynsey, talk about her experiences and enjoyments of being a Big Sister of the Big Brother Big Sister Organization. I recently graduated from college and have gained more "free" time now that I no longer have to dedicate my time to attending classes and working on homework... so I have been thinking more and more lately that I need to help out or give back to the community. I have been looking around and searching different local organizations where I can volunteer my time at. Organization such as: Red Cross, Florida Blood Services, etc. After some (light) research and everything that I have heard from Lynsey and her experiences with her "little", I have decided to apply to the Big Brother Big Sister Organization. I have been considering this for over a month but I have been hesitant due to my own fears of fulfilling this commitment and, selfishly enough losing my newly encountered free time.

Well fears pushed aside and selfishness swallowed, I am going to fill out the application and send it to the Big Brother Big Sister organization to begin the process in order to become an approved "Big".


3 comments:

Lynsey said...

yay for blogs!

Lynsey said...

also: you could always do a "couple" match.. so its you and a friend matched with a little..

Ashley said...

Laura!! I found your blog through your facebook!

Did you ever hear back about your Big Sister application? How does the process work?